Add some pizazz to your roast potatoes using our award winning Pancetta!
Roast Potatoes with Pancetta
- 1kg floury potatoes like Maris Piper or King Edward
- 100g duck or goose fat (or 100ml olive oil)
- 50g Capreolus Pancetta or Smoked Pancetta
Preheat your oven to 210C/200C fan/gas mark 7
Put a roasting tin into the oven large enough for all the potatoes in one layer with the duck/goose fat/oil so that it is good and hot
- Peel the potatoes and cut into chunks about 2 inches (5 cm) big
Place peeled potatoes in a saucepan with a lid and cover with water
Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes
- Drain into a colander and allow to steam for 2 minutes
Put the potatoes back into the pan, replace the lid, and shake the pan for a few seconds, this will make the outside of the potatoes fluffy - essential for really crisp potatoes
Put the potatoes into the hot roasting pan and roll them around in the sizzling fat/oil - BE CAREFUL that the fat/oil doesn’t splash - IT’S HOT!
Place the tray in the oven and cook for 20 minutes then turn the potatoes over in the fat/oil and cook for a further 20 minutes until golden brown and crispy
- While the potatoes are roasting cut up the slices of Pancetta or Smoked Pancetta into very small pieces
- When the potatoes are done place them in a warmed bowl and sprinkle the Pancetta over the top. The Pancetta will start to soften as soon as it touches the hot potatoes.
Serve toot sweet!