Dorset Nduja is a very soft, spreadable salami with its origins in southern Italy. It is made with LOTS of chilli to give it a flavourful but hot character. In Calabria this is made using the red Calabrian chilli, but we have made ours using Kashmiri chilli and cayenne pepper and a hint of fennel. The Kashmiri chilli gives it a dark colour and a good depth of flavour and heat.
Nduja is perfect for adding heat and flavour to casseroles, pasta dishes, pizza's or just eaten on toast (for the very brave). Here are two serving suggestions
- SOMETHING TO NIBBLE. Slice bruschetta and lightly toast. Spread a thin layer of nduja onto the bruschetta and then put on top of this a soft and spreadable goats cheese. Enjoy the crunch of the bruschetta, the heat of the nduja and the immediate creamy cooling of the cheese.
- PASTA SAUCE (Two servings) - gently fry onions and garlic until translucent. Add 2.5cm (1 inch) of the nduja to the sauce (keep the rest for another day wrapped and refrigerated). Take a ladle of the pasta cooking water before draining the pasta and add to the sauce. Stir. Drain your pasta and add to the sauce. Stir until combined and serve on hot plates. Complete the dish by grating some Parmesan over the top
- TOASTIE. Thinly spread nduja onto two pieces of bread. On one piece add a layer of thinly sliced fresh pear, then a layer of thinly sliced cheese followed by a final layer of pear. Press the nduja coated second slice of bread on top of this and put into a sandwich toaster. Eat hot from the toaster. Serve with a Perry or cider for the perfect flavour combination.
These are made by hand with natural casings so weights and sizes can vary, we never, however, end out anything that weighs less than 100g. These are gluten free.
Please note: Capreolus currently ships to the UK only.
- All our chilled products are packed in polystyrene boxes with ice packs to ensure your order arrives in good condition.
- Most of our products are ambient and these will be delivered in either pouches or cardboard boxes - these do not require chilling.
We aim to send your order within 48-72 hours of receiving it and we will inform you when your order is received and also when we have shipped it. To ensure your order arrives in good condition (within the 48-72 hour window) we ONLY ship orders between Monday and Thursday. Orders placed after 12:00 on Thursday will not be shipped until the following Monday unless you opt to pay for a Guaranteed Next Day delivery.
We have a 'Collect in Person' option which has no shipping costs. You select this option and arrange with us to collect at one of our shows. Please always be sure to send an email to email@example.com advising which show you will be coming to and we shall bring your order with us (please see our News and Events section to see where will be over the next few months).
Since we are sending you a perishable product, you need to be available to receive the delivery. If you cannot be at home you should consider providing a work address or that of neighbour who will be available, otherwise your package may be taken to your nearest Post Office for collection. We cannot be held responsible for the condition of your goods if they are not refrigerated on receipt.
Delivery on all orders over £50 is free. For anything under £50, our standard packing and delivery charge is £4.95 (UK Mainland and Northern Ireland only) or £8.50 (for Scottish Highlands, Eire and other UK non-Mainland addresses). If you require a Guaranteed Next Day delivery, an extra charge (depending on size and weight) will be made. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org before placing an order that requires a Guaranteed Next Day delivery.
Please don't hesitate contact us if you require further information about our shipping policies and charges.