Leg of mutton from free range sheep bred and raised in the British Isles is cured with rosemary, juniper, garlic, black pepper, and port. It is then fermented and air-dried before being smoked over beech wood. A most wonderful, robust and unexpected flavour for this ready-to-eat soft, supple and extremely delicious sliced meat. This wins awards every year!
It makes a fine salad served with some wild rocket, shavings of Parmesan and a drizzle of balsamic dressing.
Gold with 3 Stars' - Great Taste Awards 2019
The judges said of this product
- There is definitely a flavour of mutton at the beginning, followed by the subtlety of herbs. The beech smoking has given an extra dimension and a lot of complexity to take into account. Intense flavour develops, with aromas, hints of all its ingredients integrated into the final taste experience. THIS IS A CELEBRATION OF THE ART OF CHARCUTERIE
- Very clever. The smoke was total perfection. The cure and spice are delightful. Pure harmony
- This is a fabulous use of mutton - a great cured meat worthy of acclaim
Champion Cured Meat - Taste of the West 2017
Please note: Capreolus currently ships to the UK only.
- All our chilled products are packed in polystyrene boxes with ice packs to ensure your order arrives in good condition.
- Most of our products are ambient and these will be delivered in either pouches or cardboard boxes - these do not require chilling.
We aim to send your order within 48-72 hours of receiving it and we will inform you when your order is received and also when we have shipped it. To ensure your order arrives in good condition (within the 48-72 hour window) we ONLY ship orders between Monday and Thursday. Orders placed after 12:00 on Thursday will not be shipped until the following Monday unless you opt to pay for a Guaranteed Next Day delivery.
We have a 'Collect in Person' option which has no shipping costs. You select this option and arrange with us to collect at one of our shows. Please always be sure to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org advising which show you will be coming to and we shall bring your order with us (please see our News and Events section to see where will be over the next few months).
Since we are sending you a perishable product, you need to be available to receive the delivery. If you cannot be at home you should consider providing a work address or that of neighbour who will be available, otherwise your package may be taken to your nearest Post Office for collection. We cannot be held responsible for the condition of your goods if they are not refrigerated on receipt.
Delivery on all orders over £50 is free. For anything under £50, our standard packing and delivery charge is £4.95 (UK Mainland and Northern Ireland only) or £8.50 (for Scottish Highlands, Eire and other UK non-Mainland addresses). If you require a Guaranteed Next Day delivery, an extra charge (depending on size and weight) will be made. Please send an email to email@example.com before placing an order that requires a Guaranteed Next Day delivery.
Please don't hesitate contact us if you require further information about our shipping policies and charges.